THE FOLLOWING NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW YOUR MEDICAL INFORMATION MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED, AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW THE INFORMATION CAREFULLY.
- Your confidential healthcare information may be released to other healthcare professionals within Yosemite Pathology Medical Group, Inc. for the purpose of providing you with quality healthcare.
- Your confidential healthcare information may be released to your insurance provider for the purpose of Yosemite Pathology Medical Group, Inc. receiving payment for providing you with needed healthcare services. This may include certain activities that your health insurance plan may undertake before it pays for the health care services we provide for you; making a determination of eligibility or coverage for insurance benefits, reviewing services provided to your for medical necessity, and undertaking utilization review activities.
- Your confidential healthcare information may be released to public or law enforcement officials in the event of an investigation in which you are a victim of abuse, a crime or domestic violence. We may also disclose protected health information in the course of any judicial or administrative proceeding, in response to an order of a court or administrative tribunal (to the extent such disclosure is expressly authorized), in certain conditions in response to a subpoena, discovery request or other lawful process.
- Your confidential healthcare information may be released, from time to time, to other healthcare or physician specialists or laboratory providers who may become involved in your care by providing assistance with your diagnosis.
- Your confidential healthcare information may be released to a public health organization or federal organization in the event of a communicable disease or to report a defective device or untoward event to a biological product (food or medication).
- We will share your protected health information with third party “business associates” that perform various activities (e.g., billing, transcription services) for the practice. Whenever an arrangement between our office and a business associate involves the use or disclosure of your protected health information, we will have a written contract that contains terms that will protect the privacy of your protected health information.
- Your protected health information may be disclosed by us as authorized to comply with workers’ compensation laws and other similar legally established programs.
- We may use or disclose your protected health information if you are an inmate of a correctional facility and your physician created or received your protected health information in the course of providing care to you.
Your confidential healthcare information MAY NOT be released for any other purpose than that which is identified in this notice.
- Your confidential healthcare information may be released only after receiving written authorization from you. You may revoke your permission to release confidential healthcare information at any time.
- You have the right to restrict the use of your confidential healthcare information. However, Yosemite Pathology Medical Group, Inc. may choose to refuse your restriction if it is in conflict with providing you quality healthcare or in the event of an emergency situation.
- Under federal law, however, you may not inspect or copy the following records: psychotherapy notes; information compiled in reasonable anticipation of, or use in, a civil, criminal, or administrative action or proceeding, and protected health information that is subject to law that prohibits access to protected health information. Depending on the circumstances, a decision to deny access may be reviewable.
- You have the right to possess a copy of this Privacy Notice upon request. This copy can be in the form of an electronic transmission or on paper.
- Yosemite Pathology Medical Group, Inc. is required by law to protect the privacy of its patients. It will keep confidential any and all patient healthcare information and will provide patients with a list of duties or practices that protect confidential healthcare information.
- Yosemite Pathology Medical Group, Inc. will abide by the terms of this notice. Yosemite Pathology Medical Group, Inc. reserves the right to make changes to this notice and continue to maintain the confidentiality of all healthcare information.
- You have the right to complain to Yosemite Pathology Medical Group, Inc. if you believe your rights to privacy have been violated. If you feel your privacy rights have been violated, please mail your complaint to Yosemite Pathology Medical Group, Inc.
ATTN: Robert Colletti
Yosemite Pathology Medical Group, Inc.
2625 Coffee Rd., Suite S
Modesto, Ca. 95355
- All complaints will be investigated.
- For further information about this Privacy Notice or to notify us of a security breach concern, please contact:
- Pamela Damin Technical Compliance Officer at e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This notice is effective as of April 14, 2003.
Required Uses and Disclosures: Under the law, we must make disclosures to you and when required by the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services to investigate or determine our compliance with the requirements of Sections 164.500 et. Seq.